We will go the extra mile and bypass the popular and crowded main area to go to Ben Duoc tunnels, a further away and lesser-known but more authentic place which the average tourists are not aware of.
Gain insight into the tenacity and resourcefulness of the Vietnamese.
Visit the War Memorial to pay respect to those who died during the war.
* SCHEDULE DETAILS
|TOUR TYPE/SIZE||Small group / Private (Minimum group size is 2 people and maximum is 8 people)|
|MEETING/ENDING POINT||Your hotel. Please note that we only offer free hotel pickup and drop off in District 1 (some exclusions apply)|
After that, your guide will take you on a tour through the actual tunnels where you’ll learn more about the living conditions and the hardships the tunnel’s residents faced, and the ingenuity utilized to maintain life in the tunnels, which included weapon workshops and booby traps. You will have an opportunity to navigate an authentic Viet Cong tunnel, visit bunkers designed as kitchens, meeting rooms, weapon areas, give your best shot at a firing range, and much more.
For a snack, you can try the local specialty – cassava, a starchy root – that sustained Viet Cong fighters for years. Continue your tour by a short visit to Ben Duoc War Memorial.
** SPECIAL **
Plan your Vietnam trip today and take advantage of our Early Bird Discount. Regular rates are discounted up to 10% when you book book the small group tour by 90 DAYS or more of your departure date (T & C apply).
Check out our latest travel offers here
- The price charts below apply for adults are 12 years old and older. Children between 6-11 years are 70% of the adult’s price. Children under 6 are free of charge
- 30% surcharge applies for: Apr 30 & May 1; Sep 2; Dec 31, 2017 & Jan 1, 2018
- We will temporarily suspend our operations during Feb 15 to Feb 18, 2018 for our Lunar New Year Festivities.
|SMALL GROUP TOUR|
|Number adult per booking||1-2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5+ pax|
|Price per person (USD)||$48||$43||$38||$33|
- Please note that the price applies for the number of people per booking and NOT the number of people in the combined group (minimum group size is 2 and maximum is 8 people) on the date of the tour.
- Although we do accept solo travelers, we’ll need to match you up with other travelers who wish to take the tour on the same day as you. The tour is only guaranteed to depart with a minimum of 2 adults travelers. In this case, please contact us by either phone or email to confirm the availability.
|Number of adult per booking||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5+ pax|
|Price per person (USD)||$95||$68||$58||$48||$43|
* FEATURES & INCLUSIONS
Free hotel pickup and drop off in District 1 (some exclusions apply),
Modern air-conditioned private vehicle
2 small bottles of water/passenger,
English speaking guide
Drinks (beers / soft drinks)
Firing range fee (optional),
Tips/ Gratuities for tour guide & driver,
* CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING
When you submit your booking, it does NOT mean you tour is booked. Please keep in mind that we may require a 30% deposit or full payment for booking a tour depends on how far ahead of your booking to the departure date.
You will receive a confirmation email with PayPal secure payment page where you can send the payment by either Paypal OR Credit card.
If you not hear back from us within 24 hours of your booking request, please check your SPAM or JUNK mail folder or contact us again via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (+84) 967 931 670. Thank you!
* ESSENTIAL TRIP INFORMATION
1. We only offer free hotel pickup and drop off as long as you hotel is located in District 1 (some exclusions apply). Pickup/drop-off outside of this area and airport transfers are subject to extra charges.
2. Although children between the ages of 4-5 are free of charge. 50% of the adult price will be charged for second child (if there are 2 more).
3. The trip concludes in Ho Chi Minh City at around 2:00 PM (morning trip) or 6:00 PM (afternoon trip). Please take this into account when making onward travel arrangements.
* ITINERARY DISCLAIMER
Please note that while we operate successful trips in this region throughout the year, some changes may occur in our itineraries due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes. This can happen with little notice so please be prepared for modifications to the route.
Occasionally our itineraries are updated during the year to incorporate improvements stemming from past travellers’ comments and our own research.
The order and timing of included activities in each location may also vary from time to time.
* TOUR FAQs
What to prepare for the trip?
We do not have a dress code for our tours however, dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
If you choose to crawl through the tunnels, please be aware that your clothes might get dirty. Appropriate footwear is recommended for this activity.
Is tipping customary in Vietnam?
Although our trips are inclusive of all costs and we ensure our guides and local staff are paid fairly, if you’re happy with the services provided a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it’s of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels and inspires excellent service. Although can be difficult to source we advise you to carry small notes of local currency each day to make tipping easier.
The following amounts are per person suggestions based on local considerations and feedback from our past travellers:
- Restaurants: Local markets and basic restaurants – round your bill up to the nearest US$1. More up-market restaurants we suggest 10% to 15% of your bill.
- Drivers: You may have a range of drivers on your trip. Some may be with you for a short journey while others may be with you for a few days. We would suggest a higher tip for those more involved with the group, however we suggest US$1-US$2 per day for drivers.
- Your Tour Guide: We suggest US$3-US$5 per day for your tour guide for outstanding service throughout your trip.
Of course you are free to tip more or less as you see fit, depending on your perception of service quality and the length of your trip. Remember, a tip is NOT compulsory and should only be given when you receive excellent service. However, please don’t tip with coins, very small denomination notes, or dirty and ripped notes. This is regarded culturally as an insult.