- 1 day Mekong Delta tour
- Mekong Delta Tours
- Mekong Delta Tours with homestay
- Tours from Ho Chi Minh City
You have a limited amount of time while in town but still want to make the trip and see the beautiful countryside of Vietnam? You’ll be in good hands with our Mekong Delta small group 1 day trip.
In this trip, we’ll take a boat down the Mekong River into the green and lush agricultural heartland of Southern Vietnam. You’ll be on a sampan down the canal, chatting with the locals (our tour guides are better than Google Translate and more attuned to the local stories), trying one of their crafts (weaving, cooking, fishing, etc.) (available by request), and gaining insights into the daily life of a Viet farmer. Relax and enjoy yourself among nature and jovial local farmers are all you have to do on this tour.
A visit to Ben Tre, the largest wholesale and retail market for local fruits, foods, and everything one can eat or choose not to eat (ah, there it is! The ever-polarizing “delicious, fragrant, pudding-like” / “stinky, pungent, acrid-smelling” durian) in the South of Vietnam.
* SCHEDULE DETAILS
|TOUR TYPE/SIZE||Small group / Private (Minimum group size is 2 people and maximum is 8 people)|
|MEETING/ENDING POINT||Your hotel. Please note that we only offer free hotel pickup and drop off in District 1 (some exclusions apply)
We kindly request guests staying outside of our pickup areas to meet us at Saigon Opera House in District 1 for the start of the tour.
We will pick you up from your hotel for a two-hour drive to the picturesque and friendly Ben Tre Province where you’ll be one of the rare foreigners who make it here.
** SPECIAL **
+ 10 Aug 2017: 7% OFF
Please make sure that you real well the Terms & Conditions here
- The price charts below apply for adults ages are 12 years old and older. Children between 6-11 years are 70% of the adult’s price. Children under 6 are free of charge
- 30% surcharge applies for: Apr 30 & May 1; Sep 2; Dec 31, 2017 & Jan 1, 2018
- We will temporarily suspend our operations during Feb 15 to Feb 18, 2018 for our Lunar New Year Festivities.
|SMALL GROUP TOUR|
|Number of adult per booking||1-2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5+ pax|
|Price per person (USD)||$86||$76||$66||$60|
- Please note that the price applies for the number of people per booking and NOT the number of people in the combined group (minimum group size is 2 and maximum is 8 people) on the date of the tour.
- Although we do accept solo travelers, we’ll need to match you up with other travelers who wish to take the tour on the same day as you. The tour is only guaranteed to depart with a minimum of 2 adults travelers. In this case, please contact us by either phone or email to confirm the availability.
|Number of adult per booking||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5+ pax|
|Price per person (USD)||$162||$116||$96||$81||$71|
* FEATURES & INCLUSIONS
Free hotel pickup and drop off in District 1 (some exclusions apply)
Transportation: Minivan, boat, rowing boat, xe lôi, bicycle
The first canned of Beer or soft drink
2 small bottles of water / passenger
Meal at homestay: lunch
English speaking guide
Fresh tropical fruits
Beverage (Except the first one)
Tips and Gratuities
* CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING
When you submit your booking, it does NOT mean you tour is booked. Please keep in mind that we may require a 30% deposit or full payment for booking a tour depends on how far ahead of your booking to the departure date.
You will receive a confirmation email with PayPal secure payment page where you can send the payment by either Paypal OR Credit card.
If you not hear back from us within 24 hours of your booking request, please check your SPAM or JUNK mail folder or contact us again via email@example.com or call us at (+84) 967 931 670. Thank you!
* ESSENTIAL TRIP INFORMATION
1. We only offer free hotel pickup and drop off as long as you hotel is located in District 1 (some exclusions apply). We kindly request guests staying outside of our pickup areas to either meet us at Saigon Opera House in District 1 for the start of the tour.
2. The trip concludes at around 5pm in downtown. Please take this into account when making onward travel arrangements.
3. Child Policy: Children between the ages of 4-5 are free of charge for 1 first child. 2nd child is will be charged 50% of the adult price.
* ITINERARY DISCLAIMER
Please note that while we operate successful trips in this region throughout the year, some changes may occur in our itineraries due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes. This can happen with little notice so please be prepared for modifications to the route.
Occasionally our itineraries are updated during the year to incorporate improvements stemming from past travellers’ comments and our own research.
The order and timing of included activities in each location may also vary from time to time.
* TOUR FAQs
Is the cycling safe and children-friendly?
Yes! Our tour is kid friendly. We design the tour to be entertained and suitable for guests from 4 years and older.
However, for safety reasons, we do not provide small bikes for young children who are under 12 years of age, as local traffics behavior is quite different to that from the West or developed countries. Children are under 12 are REQUIRED to sit on the back of the bike, baby seat for bicycle is provided for children from 4-5 years.
What is the riding like?
We cycle mostly on flat concrete paths and small paved, rural roads. Anyone who can reasonably ride a bike can do this ride.
Please note that our tour include a short cycling trip (around 40 minutes) as a sightseeing activity. It is NOT a cycling type of tour, therefore the bikes which provided on the tour are typical Vietnamese student bikes.
I cannot/ do not like riding bicycle. Do you provide alternative option?
If you join a small group tour we cannot change the activities out of consideration for our other guests. Therefore, you can instead relax on the hammock or walk around the village while others are on the bike trip.
Otherwise, you will have to take a PRIVATE tour and we will provide a 4o-minute boat trip as an alternative.
* What to prepare for the trip?
A small backpack
Sandals or similar
We do not have a dress code for our tours however, dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
Is tipping customary in Vietnam?
Although our trips are inclusive of all costs and we ensure our guides and local staff are paid fairly, if you’re happy with the services provided a tip – though NOT compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it’s of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels and inspires excellent service. Although can be difficult to source we advise you to carry small notes of local currency each day to make tipping easier.
The following amounts are per person suggestions based on local considerations and feedback from our past travellers:
- Restaurants: Local markets and basic restaurants – round your bill up to the nearest US$1. More up-market restaurants we suggest 10% to 15% of your bill.
- Drivers: You may have a range of drivers on your trip. Some may be with you for a short journey while others may be with you for a few days. We would suggest a higher tip for those more involved with the group, however we suggest US$1-US$2 per day for drivers.
- Your Tour Guide: We suggest US$3-US$5 per day for your tour guide for outstanding service throughout your trip.
Of course you are free to tip more or less as you see fit, depending on your perception of service quality and the length of your trip. Remember, a tip is NOT compulsory and should only be given when you receive excellent service. However, please DO NOT tip with coins, very small denomination notes, or dirty and ripped notes. This is regarded culturally as an insult.